Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Paternal Grandparents

This is a photo of my father's parents taken at the time of thier engagement in 1899, they were married in 1901. Leah Ehrenberg the daughter of Woolf Ehrenberg & Sarah Hannah Zwick. Alexander Levene (Alec) the son of Nathan Levene & Rivkah Mignon.
Alexander came to England at the age of about 15, he first appears in the 1901 census living across the street from grandma Leah at Booth Street Buildings in London.
Leah came to England as an infant with her parents and Siblings.
Brian is named after Alexander (middle name) and I think there is a resembalance. Our daughter Leah is named after Grandma Leah, but I think her and Sarah have a lot in common, I have a later photo of Leah taken when she was expecting my Dad and her and Sarah look alot alike. I have lost count of how many of our extended family members are named after them but we have quite a few Alexanders and Alexandras. We have two Leah's in the family.

No comments: